Monday, December 28, 2009

Do you think it's cheap to give perfume samples? / Like the idea i came up with for my cousin?

Would you think someone was cheap if they put some perfume samples in your christmas gift? i know i'd call someone cheap if that was all they got me. i know christmas is still nine months away, but i'm going to be picking a few things up here and there for my thirteen-year-old cousin.





Along with the cheapy samples i'll be buying her:


the first book from 2-4 popular series', a few sets of ipod headphones, cute pens, makeup from urban decay + mac + bonne bell + too faced, facial masks, opi lotion, vs edt + bodyspray + lotion in different scents, a few demeter ';pick me up'; scents, different homemade bath things (not by me... an ebay seller), opi nail polish, nail files, gloves + scarf set, and a wallet with a $50 gift card to our mall (to pick up a fragrance she likes or whatever she wants..), $20 walmart gift card, and $20 bookstore card. i'll probably pick up a few more little things, but that's my main idea.Do you think it's cheap to give perfume samples? / Like the idea i came up with for my cousin?
I was kind of worried about that when I made up a birthday gift for my husband's secretary. Strangely enough the samples and inexpensive things like Burts bee's cuticle cream and samples got rave reviews %26amp; the expensive things weren't recognized. Maybe she'll like them later.Do you think it's cheap to give perfume samples? / Like the idea i came up with for my cousin?
Are you freaking serious? I wish my cousins would buy me all that stuff. But then again I'd have to buy them all that stuff adn that would suck. But to answer your question, NO it's not cheap to give perfume samples! I mean, as long as they're not some Avon or other cheap perfume. It's fun to add a few little things to a bigger gift. It's like when you buy something big from Sephora and they throw in some free samples, it's fun! Just make sure they're good brands.. I love Juicy Couture and those DKNY Delicious ones.. YUM! You are very generous though and i'm sure your cousin will not think you're cheap!!! :)
Yeah, that is pretty cheap. Like giving someone a free Lucky Brand Jeans bag that they handed out for a week.
Thats a good idea. Why not package the gift card with the samples and then you can explain to her that you thought she could try them out before she bought one of thats what she decides to use it for.


oooft though - thats a lot of money, are you sure you want to spend that much?
Perfume samples included in a goodie bag like that is amazing.


Not to mention the great things your putting inside.
No it's not cheap, especially if it comes in a basket of goodies like the one you described, heck if SHE doesn't want it I will be glad to have it instead! What 13 yoear old girl would refuse such a wonderful gift of samples and ideas?


I know That I would much prefer to try out such personal things like samples of makeup and perfume before spending hard-earned money for the whole bottle. If 13 year old turns up her nose, send it MY way, please!!!
She will love all of her goodies!


The samples are a good idea. Then she can choose what she likes and get that scent or scents again in a full size bottle.


Great idea!
Well, in a way its not.





Say like you wanted to buy her several perfumes, but you didn't know what she would like, stick those in the gift, and let her choose which one. Afterwards, buy the actual perfume for her or him.





But then again, it's cheap, because you don't need to give that to her, since you're already giving the person a lot of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment